Shore-based Processor or Floating Processor
Fisheries Business Licenses
- Shore-based and Floating processors are permitted to purchase fisheries resources from fishermen.
- Shore-based Processors process fish in on-shore facilities; Floating Processors process fish on vessels. See "What is Processing"
- Shore-based and Floating processors need permits from the Department of Environmental Conservation to process seafood; See DEC's Seafood page or call (907) 269-7501 for information.
- Shore-based and Floating processors may export processed or unprocessed seafood out of the state of Alaska.
- Shore-based and Floating processors may perform custom processing for others.
- Shore-based processors may sell seafood products from their facility; Floating processors may sell seafood across the dock.
- Federal permits are needed to buy halibut or fish harvested in federally managed fisheries. Contact NOAA Fisheries Permitting at (907) 586-7202 for information.
- Shore-based and Floating Processors are required to complete the Commercial Operators Annual Report (COAR)
Please contact the Seafood Industry Coordinator at (907) 465-6131 or email@example.com if you have questions.
How to Apply for a Shore-based Processor or Floating Processor License
Online applications are accepted through the Alaska Department of Revenue. The Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) and the Department of Revenue use the Revenue Online system to process and issue licenses, code plates, and fish ticket books. Revenue Online Instructions (PDF 4,774 kB)
Contact the Department of Revenue's Fisheries Business License Help Desk at (907) 269-6620 if you have questions regarding Direct Marketer and Catcher Processor fisheries business licenses or fisheries taxes, or for assistance with the Revenue Online System.
- Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI) is a marketing organization with the mission of increasing the economic value of Alaska seafood. For more information, visit ASMI
- 2020 Arctic-Yukon-Kuskokwim Region Shorebased Processors by Port (PDF 1,719 kB)
- 2020 Bristol Bay Shorebased Processors by Port (PDF 1,390 kB)
- 2020 Cook Inlet and Prince William Sound Shorebased Processors by Port (PDF 1,873 kB)
- 2020 Southeast Alaska Shorebased Processors by Port (PDF 2,578 kB)
- 2020 Westward Region Shorebased Processors by Port (PDF 1,567 kB)