Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
Can population quality be related to population density through nutrition?
- Reference: Heimer, W. E. 1980. Can population quality be related to population density through nutrition? Pages 288-309 [In] Proceedings of the biennial symposium of the Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council, 23-25 April 1980, Salmon, Idaho.
- Audiences: Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Wayne E. Heimer
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas: 20
- Keywords: Dall sheep, Ovis dalli, population quality, ram horn growth, nutrition, density, forage quality, rumen contents, body comosition, carrying capacity
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/can_population_quality_be_related_1980_heimer.pdf (PDF)
- Primary Authors: Wayne E. Heimer
- Programs: Wildlife Research
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Journal Article/External Publication
- Regions: Region III - Interior and Northeastern Alaska, Statewide
- Species: Dall Sheep
- Species Categories: Big Game, Mammals
- Title: Can population quality be related to population density through nutrition?
- Topics: Disease, Health, and Nutrition, Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Research, Technique Development (e.g., population survey, breakaway snares), Physiology, Diet
- Year: 1980
See more: Wildlife Publications