Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
An aerial census of spotted seals, Phoca vitulina largha
- Reference: Burns, J. J., and S. J. Harbo, Jr. 1976. An aerial census of spotted seals, Phoca vitulina largha: Annual report. Pages 295-302 [In] Volume 1 - Marine mammals: Principal investigator's reports for the year ending March 1976. Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Game annual report to U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of the Interior, Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Assessment Program, Boulder, Colorado.
- Audiences: Wildlife Manager
- Authors: John J. Burns Sr., Samuel J. Harbo Jr.
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: spotted seal, Phoca largha, population size, distribution, oil and gas development
- Link: https://www.arlis.org/docs/vol1/OCSEAP2/ProgramWorkStatements/OCSEAP-PWS-1975-v1.pdf#page=67 (Offsite)
- Partners: OCSEAP Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Assessment Program
- Primary Authors: John J. Burns Sr.
- Programs: Marine Mammals
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Marine Mammals Report
- Regions: Region IV - Central and Southwest Alaska, Region V - Arctic and Western Alaska
- Species: Spotted Seal
- Species Categories: Mammals, Marine Mammals
- Title: An aerial census of spotted seals, Phoca vitulina largha
- Topics: Endangered or Threatened Species (Federal), Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Research, Population Composition and Demographics
- Year: 1976
See more: Wildlife Publications