Division of Sport Fish
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
CONTACT: Troy Tydingco
(Haines) – The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced today that the lingcod sport fishing seasons, bag and possession limits, annual limits, and size limits have been established for the Northern Southeast Outside Area (see attached map). In this area the following regulations apply:
Northern Southeast Outside Area
- Season: May 16 – November 30
- Residents – 1 daily, 2 in possession, no size limit.
- Nonresidents – 1 daily, 1 in possession, size limit: 30 to 40 inches in length, or 55 inches or greater in length. Annual limit of 2 fish, one of which is 30 to 40 inches in length, one of which is 55 inches or greater in length.
- Nonresident anglers shall immediately record the date and location (body of water fished), of all lingcod harvested either on their sport fishing license or on their nontransferable harvest record.
- Charter operators and crew members may not retain lingcod while clients are on board the vessel.
These regulations are also outlined on page 11 within the Southeast Alaska 2022 Sport Fishing Regulations Summary. The Southeast Alaska 2022 Sport Fishing Regulation Summaries are available at all local ADF&G Sport Fish Division offices, at most sport fishing license vendors, or online.
These regulations are designed to ensure that the sport harvest of lingcod stays within fishery allocations established by the Alaska Board of Fisheries.
For further information, contact the nearest ADF&G office or review the Emergency Orders and Press Releases webpages.