Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB062 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RB062
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 1 Brown Bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
Units 1A, 1B, & 1C, except Berners Bay
09/15/2022 - 12/31/2022
*See Drawing or Subsistence Supplements for season details.
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Must report to ADF&G in Douglas, Ketchikan, or Petersburg within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide with evidence of sex attached
Must return the completed hunt report to ADF&G, or report online at hunt.alaska.gov, within 15 days of close of season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for taking one brown bear in Units 1A, 1B, or 1C (except Berners Bay drainages) covered by Registration Hunt RB062 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates: September 15 - December 31.
2. Legal animal: One brown bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
3. Evidence of sex (penis sheath or vaginal opening) must remain naturally attached to hide until sealed.
4. Successful hunters must report their kill to ADF&G in Douglas, Ketchikan, or Petersburg within 10 days of kill. Complete hunt reports must be returned to ADF&G, or submitted online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, by the time of sealing.
5. Unsuccessful hunters and permittees who did not hunt must return the completed hunt report to ADF&G, or report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, within 15 days of close of season.
6. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits the next regulatory year. In addition, your name may be forwarded to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.