Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB697 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RB697
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
07/01/2022 - 06/30/2023
*See Drawing or Subsistence Supplements for season details.
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail, or online (hunt.alaska.gov).
- Specimens Required: If removed from subsistence hunt area, skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; skin of head/front claws kept by ADF&G.
Report by phone, mail, or online (hunt.alaska.gov)
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1)WHEN: No closed season.
2) WHERE: Unit 26A
3) BAG LIMIT: Two brown bears, but only one brown bear may be taken per permit. Cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: Sealing of hide/skull only required if removed from any State brown bear subsistence hunt area. Before removal from the area, hide/skull must first be sealed by ADF&G or department representative. When sealed, the skin of the head and front claws will be removed and retained by ADF&G.
5) REQUIREMENTS: AIRCRAFT MAY NOT be used in any manner for hunting. All meat must be salvaged for human consumption; hide and skull need not be salvaged. You must carry this permit with you while you are hunting or transporting a brown bear within the registration permit area. You may only kill two (2) brown bear per regulatory year.
6) REPORTING: All hunters (successful, unsuccessful or did not hunt) are required to report their hunting effort and harvest to ADF&G by telephone (907)852-3464, postage-paid Hunt Report Card or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov).
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting brown bear within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state of federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.